Lettuce Link's Community Fruit Tree Harvest is gearing up for the 2010 season and we would love for you to harvest fruit with us!
Fruit is a valuable community resource. In 2009, Community Fruit Tree Harvest volunteers harvested close to 20,000 lbs of apples, plums, and pears from Seattle fruit trees and delivered them to food banks, meals programs, and shelters.
Community Fruit Tree Harvest volunteers are needed to:
- Scout trees in your neighborhood for ripeness
- Harvest at scheduled work parties
- Be "on call" to harvest fruit in your neighborhood (an email will go out to the volunteers in a particular neighborhood when a tree there is ripe. Available volunteers will make arrangements for picking).
- Provide garage storage for ladders, picking buckets, and/or harvested fruit.
- Deliver harvested fruit to food banks and meals programs.
July 27, 6:30pm - 7:30pm, Ballard Library (5614 22nd Ave NW)
July 28, 6:30pm - 7:30pm, Wallingford, Solid Ground (1501 N 45th St)
July 29, 6:30pm - 7:30pm, Northeast Library (6801 35th Ave NE)
August 2, 6:30pm - 7:30pm, Douglass-Truth Library (2300 E Yesler Way)
If you're unable to attend an orientation, we'd still love your help! Contact Sadie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-694-6751.
If you have fruit to donate, please contact Seattle Tilth's Garden Hotline at 206-633-0224 or email@example.com
Other fantastic Seattle fruit harvest programs
City Fruit, Phinney/Greenwood: firstname.lastname@example.org
City Fruit, Crown Hill: email@example.com
City Fruit, SE Seattle: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Harvest of SW Seattle, West Seattle: email@example.com